Sunday, November 15, 2009

Konnichiwa, genki des ka? (Good Afternoon, how are you?)

Language is one of the keys to understanding. As our knowledge of the Japanese language increases, this place seems like a whole new world!




Here are some pictures of the Autumn foliage and flowers in this area. I don't know what this flower is called but it is related to chrysanthemums and it is HUGE. They are grown on stalks ranging from about 8 inches high to close to 3 ft. tall. In the fall there are displays of these flowers in various places and this picture was taken at display in the Ikoma train station. There were white, yellow and purple flowers and a few
trained chrysanthemums (pictures in the next post).
















These trees are on Ikoma mountain below Japan Mission. The first picture was taken alongside the road near the kindergarten. It seemed like a unique shot because of the palm tree alongside the red and yellow Autumn colors.

This is right behind Japan Mission. This back road winds down and around toward the main road. The green foliage is bamboo.


























These two pictures were taken earlier in October and are of Kyoto Castle. It is beautiful and shows some old, traditional styling.

1 comment:

  1. Wellcome to Japan!!!Nice to meet you.[hajimemashite!!]
    Nice picture!!! Thank you!!
    Kyoto is the best place in Kansai area,I guss.
    I'm glad that you could feel in Japan's fall.
    I hope that you can enjoy to study Japanease and please know many things about Japan.
    Japan is great ♪♪♪
    Someday I want meet you, I hope.
    Now I'm studying English with a good teacher.(...daniel teacher desu... He is a very nice person)
    see you

    ReplyDelete