Monday, June 23, 2014

English Camp

Some friends and I did some volunteer English teaching at a middle school/high-school about seven hours from here. It was a lot of fun and very exhausting at the same time. It was about six hours of teaching each day along with about the whole school wanting a photograph! I felt like a celeb for a week.

A couple of highlights for me were that a friend got a burden to go and teach there full time, and I was able to score my first soccer goal on this side of the globe!
The roads up and back were stressful in the extreme. It was like driving up Pike's Peak for six hours. At one point, I saw what looked like the remains of a van that had plunged off the road into a ravine. This didn't help improve my anxious feelings.
At one point in the road, we had to get out and hike around this construction. We caught another rental vehicle on the other side.

We could not access blogger for a long time, but hopefully we can get it up and running again now!

No comments:

Post a Comment